3 weeks ago I posted on the Oktoberfest lager I brewed from the Morgan’s kits. (click here for the post).
This weekend the beer was ready to keg. To start I tested the gravity of the brew and once it was stable over 2 days I moved it to a sterilized bottling bucket and added some finings. This help to increase the final clarity of the beer.
I kept in the bottling bucket for 3 days and then prepared my keg.
After cleaning the keg, I sterilize it. During this process I also remove the beer tap and ball-lock disconnect and properly clean them. I then run some for the sanitizer though the beerline to clean it as well.
Once the keg is sanitized, I transfer the beer to it and label the keg.
I transfer the keg to the keezer and remove the little bit of air at the top by using 30psi CO2 and bleeding the safety valve a little bit.
Once the beer is cooled down after about 3-4 hours, I will add the CO2 again at 30psi for an hour and then remove it for an hour. I repeat this process until the required level of carbonation is achieved.